Sewing: Wool and Wax Tote
with Codi Josephson
Wednesdays, March 28 and April 4, 6-8:30 pm
$55 + supplies
A classic and sophisticated tote featuring a structured bottom. This simple and elegant tote will look great with anything and will keep your must-have essentials close at hand. A divided front pocket is perfect for stashing keys and a phone. Don't let the name fool you, this tote is great in all types of fabrics!
Supplies needed: (all supplies are available at Home Ec with the exception of rivets and waxed canvas...if you would like to use it for the class, talk to us about how to make your own! As always you will receive 15% off all materials needed for the class)
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric*
- 1 yard lining fabric (non-directional)
- 1/2 yard contrast bottom fabric*
- 2 1/4 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 20" wide)
- (2) 1"-wide leather handles or cotton webbing, 28" long
- Basic Sewing kit- thread, pins, scissors, marking pen and seam ripper
- A copy of Everyday Essential pattern booklet (we will be teaching all three of these patterns in upcoming classes!)
- Optional: (3) 8-9 mm double cap rivets and setting tool
*Recommended Fabrics: Canvas weight, cork or waxed canvas for contrast bottom. Cotton or blended canvas, waxed canvas, denim, wool, twill, home dec for Exterior and cotton or canvas blend for lining.
*If substituting regular canvas for contrast bottom fabric, additional interfacing may be needed for desired structure (½ yard of byAnnie's Soft and Stable recommended).