Sewing: Holiday Stocking
With Linzee McCray
Thursday, December 13, 6-8:30
$25+supplies (pattern included)
The possibilities are endless with this cute, cuffed stocking. Choose any two contrasting fabrics-one for the exterior and one for the inside and cuff-and you'll be ready to stitch up stockings to suit your home and holiday. Home Ec has a great selection of bold, graphic fabrics for a modern look, as well as fabrics for a more traditional feel.
The stocking incorporates straight and zigzag machine stitching, as well as sewing and clipping a curve. This project is perfect for advanced beginners and more seasoned sewists.
Stocking pattern is included in the class fee.
Each class member must bring a basic sewing kit.
* Sewing Kit (scissors, pins, marking pen, seam ripper
* 1/2 yard lining fabric (non-directional); 3/4 if fabric is directional
* 1/3 yard exterior fabric (non-directional); 2/3 if fabric is directional
* For lightweight fabrics, like quilting cottons, you may want to use interfacing.
* 8" trim for hanger
* Thread to match or contrast with your cuff fabric